As we prepare for reopening, it appears all employees will need to have masks. Below is the Governors order requiring masks.
- Beginning Wednesday, May 6, all large grocery and large retail spaces (those greater than 50,000 square feet in size) and all restaurants/breweries currently operating curbside and delivery service will be required to ensure that all employees have at least cloth face coverings.
- All employees must wear their face coverings in the workplace at all times when in the presence of others.
- Beginning Monday, May 11, all essential businesses of any size currently operating under the public health order must also comply with the face covering requirement.
- All employers are strongly encouraged to acquire the face coverings for all employees over the next week, in preparation for a potential Phase One reopening in mid-May. Otherwise they may not be able to operate in compliance with state requirements.
- Retailers will not be required to provide face coverings for customers but are encouraged to post signage strongly encouraging customers to wear their own masks. Retailers at their own discretion may require customers to wear masks.
For those of you that would like some structure to this requirement and make it part of your employees uniform. Turbo Threads is making well-constructed multi-layer masks that are washable for only $10. The Chamber got our stylish masks.