RIO RANCHO, N.M.– The Rio Rancho Aquatic Center will open on June 2, 2020 for lap swimming only and with restrictions aimed at limiting the spread of COVID-19. Precautionary safety measures including altered hours of operation, enhanced cleaning procedures, strict distancing guidelines, and adjusted capacity limits will be in place.
The public can begin reserving pool lanes on Monday, June 1 by calling (505) 891-5230 from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Twenty lanes (eleven for lap swim; nine for water walking) will be available to reserve in one hour increments.
Aquatic Center Hours
- Monday – Friday: 6:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (closed 12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.)
- Saturday: 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday: CLOSED
The following precautions and operational changes will be enforced until further notice:
· Lane Reservation – One hour per reservation and ONE reservation per day. Call 24-hours ahead to reserve lane, may not attend two consecutive days unless there is a vacancy to allow for more user equity. Receptionist will call waitlisted patrons to notify if there are vacancies;
· Number of swimmers allowed in the facility will be reduced based on physical distancing guidelines;
· Wearing of face coverings is required when entering the facility and in all areas except the pool;
· No gatherings on deck will be allowed;
· Signage will be placed throughout the facility to remind the public of physical distancing;
· Patrons must wait outside of the facility until their reservation time;
· When waiting in line outside of the facility, patrons are required to maintain six feet of distance between themselves and others;
· Individuals showing any symptoms of illness should not use the facility, and high risk individuals are discouraged from using the facility;
· One person per lap lane;
· NO locker use and NO shower use, swimmers must shower at home;
· All staff will wear face coverings, utilize hand-held whistles, and have an air horn on stand for emergency situations;
· Comprehensive Disinfectant Procedure – 30 minute gap between reservations to allow for patrons to exit building, staff to disinfect door handles, handrails, deck chairs, lifeguard stands, lane partitions, sinks, soap, restroom stalls, rescue tubes, toilet levers, etc.;
· Entry of patrons and exit of patrons will follow separate pathways. All lanes and grid space will be labeled and assigned as necessary;
· There will be no equipment for patron-sharing usage.
The current and amended public health orders (stay-at-home orders) issued by Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham and New Mexico Department of Health Cabinet Secretary Kathyleen Kunkel limits private and public mass gatherings to no more than five individuals in a single room or connected space where individuals are within six feet of each other. In order to minimize the number of people gathering in City facilities, citizens are asked to make reservations prior to visiting in-person.
Please visit www.rrnm.gov/covid19 for a complete list of closures and for updates about facility access and services. For more information about the city of Rio Rancho, visit www.rrnm.gov. Follow the city on Twitter (twitter.com/RioRanchoNM), and like it on Facebook (facebook.com/RioRanchoGov).
3200 Civic Center Circle, Suite 100
Rio Rancho, NM